Femina Potens Art Gallery is currently taking submissions for our 2011 Visual Arts Exhibition season. Femina Potens is a non-profit community art gallery and performance space dedicated to the advancement of women and transgendered artists. We are looking for art works in all mediums painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture (although small sculptures and wall mounted sculpture is best due to space restriction), performance artists, video artists, installation and new media.
Femina Potens is also looking for works that relate to the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health of the queer community as well as site-specific installation artists that can create works around such subject matter for our window displays.
Please send all proposals to Madison Young at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Femina Potens Visual Art Submissions” as email subject.
Please make sure the below materials are included in your proposal package:
- A filled out artists application (downloaded from our web site)
- A check made out to Femina Potens for $20.00 for our curatorial review fee. (Packages sent with out the $20.00 review fee will not be considered)
- An introductory letter of interest
- Artist resume, bio, statement
- 10 images of on CD and printed for review by our curatorial staff
All submitted art works would be considered for group shows. If your work doesn’t fit into one of these shows please still submit works as these are only suggestions, and are subject to change.
2011 Potential themes:
- Iconography: The Imprinting of Queer Icons in our community
- The Intersections of Technology and Art
- A Right Choose: Visual Art exploring Women’s Reproductive health and politics
- Young and the Restless – Queer Youth collaborate w/ artists to explore Safer Sex
- The Power of One: Art works exploring the pleasure and health benefits of self-love for National Masturbation Month
- Building a Different Community
- Queer women of color addressing racism within the queer community
- Redefining Masculinity: queers and transgender artists give new meaning to what is masculine
Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your work.
If you wish to use our online application, please pay the $20 artist submission fee through the paypal button below. You will be automatically redirected to the application page after your payment has been processed. If you are not automatically redirected, you can access the online form here.
If you prefer to submit your application through the mail, please download and fill out the following form and email to email@example.com